25 March 2012

Week 11 Day 77 on Curves Complete

AM Weigh-In @ 186.8

I've got to jeep my eye on the prize and that is to hit a solid 185 before the next week is through! It would technically be my official 12th week if I hadn't been bumped off and Spring Break had not arrived but I can still make it happen!

Self-assessment: I wore my Brooks all day yesterday using only the factory insert. I woke up with a little tenderness and pain on my heels and arches. Could that be due to the fact that I did not wear my orthos (or even Superfeet) or the fatigue of a heel-strike gait on my run/walk or both? Today, I changed out the inserts for my orthos and wore the Brooks for my morning run/walk cycle and spent a regular day of chores around the house with them. I noticed that my feet tend to slide forward on them. It seemed to not be as noticeable as my run progressed but it did make me wonder if the rigid heel and arch mold of each insert is making my feet tilt forward. Then again maybe that is not such a bad thing if it minimizes heel-strike. I also started to feel a little ache on my right shins so I had to make a conscious effort to lean forward, relax the knees and hips. This is something I will need to talk to Mike about when I get me new pair of orthotics. I'll try the Brooks again tomorrow with the Superfeet inserts and see if it makes a difference. As for just walking around on them, the shoes and inserts seem to do just fine together.

Breakfast: Bacon, egg, rice - 400c
Snack: None
Lunch: Turkey/bacon with cheese on whole wheat sandwich - 400c
Snack: Chocolate Protein Shake - 200c
Dinner: Spaghetti & Meatballs - 500c
Snack: Cinnamon Bread - 100c



0 comments:

Post a Comment