19 March 2012

Week 10 Day 70 on Curves Complete

AM Weigh In @ 187.6

It doesn't help when I eat late so I imagine that the bump in weight had something to do with that and sleep was not kind to me last night. I usually spend a few minutes on the laptop or reading and it seems enough to trigger droopy lids. I do believe that I just need to get my running clothes on and just be ready to walk or run–maybe go out twice today.

Holy crap...did I really buy donuts last night at the grocery store?

It's the little things that kill you. In my case, it's those luscious round delicacies with holes in the middle–glazed or covered with chocolate. I wouldn't call it a vice. If it were, I would be in serious trouble. But every now and then, I do get a craving for the flavor. It was buyers remorse when I brought it home so I left it in the trunk of the car. It was late and I would save it for the following day.

Fast forward to now. It's just a little after 3pm. I did well with our normal Sunday breakfast. I had some carrots for lunch (our fat-heavy breakfast typically keeps me full through mid-afternoon). It snowed rather heavily at around 11 and so I wasn't able to go for my run until an hour ago and I am so glad I did. I came home and felt great. Before I could dwell too much on it, I fixed myself a chocolate protein shake kicked up a notch with a serving of Hershey's syrup. The cold water and ice definitely made it an enjoyable post run drink while I ice my knees.

Self-assessment: I'm still trying to figure out the Android app for C25K and it seems that it doesn't like being put on sleep mode. Still, I did my walk/run cycle for over 30 minutes covering about 1-1/2 miles of asphalt. After the program stopped cueing me, I decided to just integrate 3x rotation of jog/walk  cycle. Followed by the same rotation of a sprint walk cycle. Odd but it seems that my legs don't feel the fatigue as badly as I do on a jog. Likewise, I am still trying to also figure out the Brooks. I wore the runners with my orthotics today combined with my acrylic Curves socks I picked up from the club yesterday. It was starting to pinch a bit on top of my foot (retinaculum?) so I loosened the laces. But already, I was already feeling that my foot seemed to be sliding forward inside the shoes. I don't recall feeling this when I wore the runners with just the factory inserts. I didn't feel the pinching on the widest part of my (wider) right foot so that was a plus. Towards the last jog set, my achilles tendons started to act up along with my shins on the right side so I had to force myself to relax: hips, legs, knees. I try to visualize a relaxed position when I am out there and it seems to be working. Tomorrow, I'll try the shoes with my Superfeet and see if I get any better results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment