31 March 2012

Self Analysis

When it comes down to it, I am weak.

Not to say that I couldn't change. I can. Not to say that I didn't try. I did. But for all my talk about growing some chest hair, and having more balls than a man, I cower like the best of them.

Then again, deep inside, a man is probably a coward so why the hell am I trying to emulate one. I have spent way too much time trying to fit into this mold that others say I ought to be that I have to wonder, "What the fuck am I thinking?"

The irony is that those whom I have tried to aspire to turned out to be hypocritical dick-brains and I need to be a little bit more on the level with my stronger (female) identity and let her shine through. At one point or another, I have been called high-maintenance, bitch, manipulative, and–my personal favorite–self-centered.

Next time I hear a guy throw those words at me, I just need to say, thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment