17 March 2012

Week 10 Day 68 on Curves Complete

AM Weigh-In @ 187.7

Hmmm...a pound increase? Maybe.

High blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and cancer–the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I would like to think that I am nipping all of them in the bud. I went in for blood work today in preparation for my annual physical on Monday. With any luck, I have managed to bring my cholesterol down from last year.

Self assessment: the new Brooks Addiction 9 feels great. The Merrell Coolmax socks feel more comfortable too and I wonder if it's because they have more cushion than the thin cotton athletic socks I have now. I was told to start using synthetic socks and it just may have some merit to it. I know that my SmartWool socks seem better on my feet and they don't make my feet sweat as much. I tried the Brooks with and without synthetic socks. Likewise, I tried them with and without my orthotics. I have to run on them today without the ortho inserts and see how my feet fares. It will likely require a break-in period but I am glad that my slightly wider, right foot doesn't feel as pinched in this pair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment