29 April 2012

Week 5 (CHICAGO) on Curves Complete

Tuesday:

AM Weigh In 180.4. Videos NONE. Sorry, but I am not going to backtrack and watch them. It's all I can do to sort out my week in review.

I ran in the morning around Bolingbrook–an altogether pleasant run that included a half hour at the Curves in town. I had even made it fun to walk from my car about 20 minutes to McCormick Place. I left early to meet Holly at her club for some water aerobics and met her group for a rewarding workout.

Dinner served at TGIF! A side salad with panko breaded chicken breast, cheese tortellini and mozza-tomato "salad"which was noted to be at about 600 calories so I will round that out to about 700c.

Wednesday:

AM Weigh In 181.4. Videos NONE. Not sure that I have the rest of the week figured out but I need to get back on the diet wagon. Today was a lax day. I decided not to return the trade show since it totally SUCKED! Not that I was really all that keen on it to begin with but what I did see was not particularly impressive so I hung out with Holly instead.

I had breaded chicken on a muffin for breakfast, followed by a mid-day stop at Starbucks for coffee and a "protein box" but did swing into Portillo's to pick up a chicken sandwich and fries. I only ate half the fries and a few bites of the sandwich. What a roundabout day! we dropped off the van at June's house only to find ourselves back there, picking up the van again after we had dinner at Gen Hoe in Geneva.

I feel so grateful for such wonderful friends but I definitely have  not mastered the science of travel eating.

Thursday:

AM Weigh In NONE. Videos NONE. Not a bad day if you don't count the raging headache I had in the morning. I had a protein shake and Clif PB Crunch bar in the morning, a mid-day lunch run, and a Luna Protein bar for a mid-afternoon snack. I left Curves Camp early to join Holly at her club for Aqua Aerobics and and Aqua Stretch. Dinner was leftover Chinese from her favorite place, Gen Hoe, in Geneva. We decided the cabbage in the egg rolls (yum!) was a bit of a bloater though...

Friday:

AM Weigh In NONE. Videos NONE. Forgot to weigh in. Oh well...moved on.

A long Friday schedule included Curves Club Camp, brainstorming with Cat, and a trip up to LaCrosse for Zumba training in the morning.

Let's see...how did my day go? I trained/worked out at the club in Elgin followed by another long day sitting but it did seem to go a little faster. Maybe having Cat there helped. I had my Luna Protein Bar, and PB/strawberry sandwich, and my protein shake. Lunch was with Cat at an interesting Chinese/Thai restaurant in downtown Elgin with chicken and veggies. There was an interesting salad there with chinese sausage. I wonder if Cat can remember if it had some kind of sauce on it because it was pretty good, actually. Travel snacks a disappointing order of cheese taquitos and sweet potato fries from a local restaurant paired with my equally disappointing leftover chicken sandwich from two days before. Dinner was not much better at the Best Western's restaurant. The chicken baked chicken breast had been under the lamp for a while, the cod was so-so, and the salad with cottage cheese was nothing to brag about. The only thing delightful was to arrive and find out that the hotel was situated on the banks of the Mississippi River.

Saturday:

AM Weigh In NONE. Videos NONE.

Didn't have an opportunity to weigh in today since I was at Zumba training.  I was only had latte in the and a sausage muffin in the morning. The rest of the day was a combo of protein shakes and bars plus my leftover cashews. I left training and headed for BK for a pre-drive dinner of chicken wrap, single stacker, and value fries with my diet coke. Fatigue was constantly at my heels so I had to take frequent breaks and snack stops–coffee, cookie, and a bag of sweet peppers.

Zumba (Basic 1) licensing was definitely worthwhile and I think that the ZIN certification is a good investment. It is still a bit confusing but I think I can sort it out. It does make me worry that I may be a better student than a teacher. Still, I have a lot of excitement for it and the possibilities it opens are very appealing. At $30 a month to maintain my ZIN membership, the next step would be how to push through my plans to teach both inside and outside of Curves to make it worthwhile.

Sunday:

AM Weigh In 181.4. Videos NONE. Not too bad for a week's worth of fun in Chicago and I am ending the week with a day of rest to visit with friends. It likely saved me that I spent Saturday in Zumba training that kept the calorie burn at a high level to make up for the madness.

Celebration day. I enjoyed my visit and reliving the the old days in my head. It was definitely a high calorie day so I need to tone that back down to my normal moderate eating cycle. Still, Portillo's was a pretty darn good place to eat. I think I may have packed in close to 3000 calories today.

Latte in the morning. Sausage McGriddle and Hashbrowns in the late morning. Portillos Lunch with 1/2 portion of my Beef and Cheddar on a Croissant along with Fries and Side of Cheese. Maybe it was a mistake to eat Tawn's Chicago Dog but it was definitely good. A mid-afternoon kiwi and line smoothie from my Maui Wowi friend. I think I will finish out the night with some French Baguette and my favorite brie.

So glad this diet week is over. It was definitely a challenge but–oh how delish!


0 comments:

Post a Comment