10 April 2012

Week 3 Day 2 on Curves Complete

AM Weigh In @ 185

I think that delicious hamburger I had on Saturday got the best of me. HoM read 184, 185.6 so I'm taking the middle road.

I ran today. It was W4D1 of C25K and laughed when I heard her cue me to run a mile. Holy crap! Needless to say, I didn't run a solid mile. I definitely had to jog and walk my pace which turned it into an 18 minute mile. But that's okay because I still made some headway in listening to my body. Slow and steady wins the race. I have to remember that! I know that it would make such a big difference if I didn't have this extra 20 pounds of weight on me. After about a hundred yards on each run cycle, my ankles feel every bit of the 185 pounds it's carrying.  I want to try a different way of running my mile the next time though to see if it makes a difference and ease the pressure on my hips.

Optimism Video: "Optimism is a life skill. Accept reality as it is and reset our expectations to meet the challenges with an eye towards the positive."

0 comments:

Post a Comment