31 August 2011

Work in Progress

Everything is pretty much that way.

I would love to announce that my kids' classroom area is put together and organized completely but it it's not. I'd like to say that my office is neat and tidy again but it's not. As for my brain, I'd like to say that it's razor sharp but as time flies past me, so do my brain cells.

I did learn that my brain cues into things that–in spite of my often oblivious tendencies–help me muddle through the decisions I need to make on a daily basis. It's like having Me watching over me. Thank goodness to that too because I sure as heck wouldn't know what to do without Me.

I could go on with the cliché's but it really is true, isn't it?

I had this medicine ball–bought this past winter and never opened. In one of the forums, I recently learned (or was it Me?) that parents were able to get their kids–especially their special needs kids–to focus better by sitting on a medicine ball while doing their online work. So I opened the box, inflated the ball and gave it to Anni for its maiden voyage. It did two wonderful things: Anni sat straighter which I was grateful for because she tended to contort herself when she sits in a chair. I envy that flexibility but I didn't think it was all that great for her back and her newly mended titanium reinforced spine. And she did seem to focus more comfortably if her calmer demeanor is any indication of the ball's effectiveness. I can't wait to try this on my ADD/Tourette child.

Then there was this gridwall rotating display that I picked up at a store that was going out of business this spring. My husband is convinced that I am a certifiable packrat. I'd like to think not. I bought this and others with the intent to use or organize myself. While I've utilized most, there are still a few in the garage waiting for my "vision" to come through. K12 was just that. I can't wait to see the final product when I'm done with it. Her materials occupy one side in a haphazard manner for now. The other side will be dedicated for my 14 year old's materials when they arrive in a week. I even found great (re)use for those K12 class kit boxes that arrived as a platform for their monitor.

In the meantime, my inner Me has more immediate plans.

0 comments:

Post a Comment