28 August 2011

Countdown: Am I ready?

Every day this week, I have been checking the kids' status online.

So far, both computers have arrived but I'm leaving Colter's equipment in the box until we get closer to his start date. Anni's computer is set up and ready to go. She's even completed the ScanTron test–with little persuasion, no less!

On my part, I just watched a recording of the Learning Coach Boot Camp and a couple of tutorials on plans and schedules. I am side-by-side with my children–going back to school again. By Monday, I'll be back on the LCI train and attending more Learning Coach sessions. I'm hoping to network with other homeschoolers in the valley in the hopes of absorbing as much insight and support as I can throughout this process.

While I feel confident that Annika will transition into this new program with ease, I have some reservations about Colter so I am spending my days gauging his behavior and encouraging him to discuss his thoughts about the upcoming change.

This weekend, we watched the progress of Hurricane Irene–a morning landfall through North Carolina as it punched its way into Virginia and scraped along New York this morning. From a category 3 off the Florida Coast to a tropical storm along the Northeast, it was an interesting development that seems to parallel my own circumstance.

I'm sure that my storm made landfall. The reality has set in for me today. But I can only guess at its strength. If I were to use my inner anxieties as a barometer, then perhaps I have reached the peak. I am a little unfocused while my heart beats a little too fast for comfort. The doubts have come to the surface and it feels like I've opened the floodgates.

I went from Am I sure I know what I'm doing? to the inevitable question that has been lingering in the back of my head, Can I do this?

My only hope is that the storm fizzles. I'll take on a tropical depression over the need to evacuate my presence of mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment